Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Paradise: DeNile

7/24
I got up early to get a belgian waffle breakfast with Carly at Ozzie’s this morning.  I have been craving something other than watermelon and passion juice for a week now!  After, we were taken to Bujagali Falls for ATV-ing.  It was great to get on that thing! All I could think was how badass I looked with my black bandana and silver goggles.  jk :)  We were paraded (literally) through the villages which I stopped and asked Stephen (our guide) about.  I felt really ridiculous whizzing through these small towns waving at the kids on my ATV; it was like I was saying “look at my American money.”  He assured me that they like to see people driving because part of the proceeds go back to building schools in the local area.  That eased my mind a bit but still, I don’t think I’ll be doing that again for that exact reason.  We finished the tour after 2 hours of looking around at the amazing jungle flora and fauna, beautiful children smiling and waving, and thinking to myself “this is now a part of me.”  Part of my heart will forever be here; I am so lucky to be experiencing this now.  Seeing Bobbi also inspired me in the sense that just because I grow up and age doesn’t mean that I can’t travel and experience things like this again.  I admire her sense of adventure and her willingness to always join the “young-uns” on our crazy ideas.  It’s funny; I found out that she and Polly are both Aries along with myself (adventurous by nature.) Coincidence? I think not...
After that, Carly and I did some shopping in the ‘hood which may or may not have included a stop at the nutella/banana/chapatti or honey/banana/chapatti stand.  (Why do all of my great stories involve food?!) We then headed to the bar for a drink and decided we should hike down to the Nile to see the water.  We saw some crazy beautiful flowers, butterflies, and even a tiny snake that looked like graphite.  Amongst the beauty of the land we came to the mecca of it all: raft river guides from all over the world.  ha! They were setting up a slip and slide on a stone cliff and we got very interested.  Carly was brave enough to go on it at the last minute and I was the photographer.  Our ride was waiting for us so we are planning to head back later for some more swimming and slip n' sliding!  Good times good times.
Vroom! I look like a tool...

So excited to be four wheeling!

Only one word to describe this: Gangsta'

The King of Beers... in Africa.

Mmm mmm... Yeah. About this.  So this man preaches that if you have morning sex you will be lazy and unproductive all day long.  We all thought this was the craziest billboard.

Mid flip on the slip...and slide.

A view from above!

Go Dougie!

No comments:

Post a Comment