Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dubai!


Sorry I haven't been able to get to post until now. I'll start my posts from the beginning though and probably post pics tomorrow!

Last night I got in to Dubai...first culture shock took place no more than 5 minutes off the plane. Headed in to the ladies’ room and there was a porcelain...hole in the ground. Lovely. The puzzled look on my face begged for an answer to why not raise this hole a simple 2 1/2 ft. extra off the ground with maybe a seat but alas...
I met Carly on the bus to the hotel. She’s a very sweet girl who is going to Uganda to teach music. We checked in, cleaned up, and headed down to dinner. We met Bobbi, a one in a million woman from Long Island who works in the costume industry on Broadway. As for dinner, I’ve never had so much curry in one sitting and delicious desserts! We were all itching for a drink after so we headed to Cactus Jack’s. I laughed at this thinking that it was quite an American looking sports bar and that I had to travel to the other side of the globe to get a Dubai version of the Great Dane or BW3’s. We sat outside for hours chatting about everything and our excitement for this trip. Then out of nowhere, we heard a cat SCREAM! We started looking around and there were multiple strays just hangin’ out. Unlike America, I didn’t have a car to run those stupid things over with (my hatred for cats spans throughout the globe.) So I propped up my feet to avoid any potential problems that could’ve happened with them!
After sleeping a solid 6 hours in the comfy bed, we departed for the airport. As we sat in the airport, let’s just say that the smells became less and less of Dove Fresh Scent Deodorant and Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume and more of b.o. and curry. I guess I’m getting used to it already. Although, that paired with the malaria meds I’m on do not help with the constant queasiness of my stomach.
Flying over the desert now, lots of animals below!!

My best friend on the plane...

My not so best friend when I got off the plane...

My Dubai hotel room...bug free! 

First night in Dubai. Bobbi on left, me and Carly on right. Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment