Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Lori!

7/16
This morning I got up and worked out.  Carly met me for an early morning run which was nice to catch up with her for a bit.  She’s headed to Kampala tonight so I told her to be safe and wished her well.  After, headed into the office to meet the women. I worked mostly with Victoria today writing, translating, signing, and miming the directions to make a men’s shirt.  I think I’ve officially developed carpal tunnel.  I felt bad because a lot of details are missed when you cannot hear certain words during a lesson.  I kept asking if she understood and she consistently wrote “trying.” Hopefully next week things will click better for her! After work we celebrated Lori’s birthday.  We went to Bunjagli Falls about 20 min. away.  It overlooks the Nile and is a super yummy restaurant.  I had a steak for only about $9!  Tara got a cake for Lori too; we had so much fun!  The location on the Nile is where we end for rafting on Sunday.  Needless to say, I am absolutely terrified to do this rafting.  Apparently it’s the #1 place for rafting in the WORLD.  (i.e. probably most deadly...)  Although my friends assured me that they are not in the business of killing people, I am still a bit nervous! Eh, I guess I’ve dodged a few bullets already, why not add another? Knock on wood... :) Happy Weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, honestly you scare the crap out of your mother. (Pardon my French!!!) I'll have a stroke pretty soon just thinking about all the things you're doing and now the rafting. thanks goodness the doctor told me last week all my vital signs are great!!! However if I were eating Kit Kat milkshakes I guess I would have to go rafting too just to shake off a few cals. Dad and I really enjoyed talking with you yesterday. Please be safe and we will keep praying I just keep thinking this is the experience of a lifetime for you. Love you Lots (whats the words for this in Lugandan?) anyway be safe!Momma

    ReplyDelete